Friday, September 3, 2010

Veggie Pizza


Veggie Pizza
Originally uploaded by Sunstarr04
The other night we made some awesome pizza! It was originally going to consist of Italian sausage, bacon, mushrooms, cheese, sauce, pepperonis and olives.....then I had a great idea....since most of the meat Brandyn wanted was super greasy and I have been trying to eat better I decided to make a different kind. Brandyn was really tired when he got home so he didn't protest as long as I was cooking and he was just helping he didn't care! First we prebaked one of those Pillsbury crusts you can get by the biscuits till it was golden and firm. While it was still warm I basted the crust with olive oil and sprinkled about 5 cloves of minced garlic on it. Then sliced tomatoes (red & yellow from grandma's garden), onions, fresh basil, and artichoke. Then it was lightly covered with pizza cheese blend and Mexican cheese blend I got at Wal-mart. Lastly I cut green scallions for the top with a light sprinkling of salt & drizzle of olive oil to bring the flavors together and put it in the oven till everything was warm and melty. Since there was no sauce the crust stayed crispy and the tomatoes were soooooo good on there we didn't even miss the sauce. Brandyn didn't even miss the no meat part! He just kept telling me it was delicious! We will definitely be making this again soon. The only downside is the kids don't like it, oh well you can't win em' all! Mia had noodles instead.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments and opinions! I like to hear what you think. Stop back soon for more great posts!!